Friday 21 March 2014

My Top 5 Highlighters

L-R: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1: URBAN DECAY NAKED ILLUMINATED: £20
As far as pretty makeup goes, this one takes the cake for me. Even in my extensive collection, this in-your-face highlighter is probably the prettiest item of makeup I own. Full of chunky glitter particles, this highlighter isn't for the faint-hearted and if you like a natural looking glow to your skin, this certainly isn't for you. However, this is the perfect party highlight and I love wearing it over the top of eyeshadow when I'm going out to give it a nice glitter too.

2: MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH - SOFT AND GENTLE: £22
This baby sat unloved in my collection for the longest time before I encouraged myself to wear it more often. At £22, it's not cheap. Not by any stretch. But the amount you get (10g) is going to last you forever and ever. This is the most bronze toned highlighter I own, and I sometimes feel like it doesn't suit my pale complexion too well, but applied subtly it really helps to warm up my face. I think this is going to be the perfect summer highlight when I'm slightly more tanned.

3: BENEFIT HIGH BEAM: £19.50
High Beam is one of those classic makeup products which everyone should try at some point. With its pink toned sheen, it's definitely one for paler, pinker skintones (yellow tones would probably suit Sun Beam more). I like applying this just under foundation on the tops of my cheekbones, brow bone and cupid's bow, as I find blending it on top of foundation can sometimes move the foundation around a bit, making it look like it's worn away. Like Soft and Gentle, I can see this lasting me forever and a day.

4: TOPSHOP GLOW - POLISH: £9
I only bought this a few weeks ago but it's already become my absolute favourite highlight of choice. It has a strange mousse-y consistency but that makes it all that nicer to work with and blend. Because of how pigmented it is, you only need a tiny amount to give the face a lit-from-within glow, and the champagne colour looks beautiful with so many different makeup looks.

5: SLEEK CONTOUR & HIGHLIGHTER: £6.49
This is practically the Topshop highlighter in powder form and the only reason I don't like it as much is because powder highlighters tend to sit funny on my face. Again, incredibly pigmented so you don't need a great deal at all to give your face a subtle glow. The only down-side to this for me is that you can't buy it individually, you can only buy it with the contour shade that's not all that great for pale skins. However, at just under £6.50 for the two, it's worth investing in the kit just for the beautiful highlight shade.

What are your favourite highlighters?...


No comments:

Post a Comment