Sunday 20 April 2014

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector



As I'm currently cooped up in bed with viral gastroenteritis, no thanks to my baby brother, I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to share my thoughts on the ever-popular Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (and breathe). Oh, and mine's in the shade 01 Rose Shimmer.

Never a lip gloss lover, I've always shied away from the sticky tubes of evil since I was about 11 and opted for a more creamy lipstick offering instead. All until I got my hands on two Tanya Burr lipglosses and that's where it all changed for me. A lot more expensive than the TB ones (£18! SHHH, don't tell my mum...), you can definitely tell the difference in quality. Whereas most lipglosses are always tacky on the lips, and god FORBID you step out into a slight bit of wind, this is the complete opposite. It's a real balmy texture on the lips and glides over any dry patches like a dream (I always use my Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub beforehand though, just to be on the safe side) and when on the lips, it's barely detectable in terms of how it feels. I never worry when I'm wearing this about my hair sticking to it when I go outside, and it looks perfect worn over most of my lipstick collection. In particular, I love teaming it with Hue by MAC. The smell of the two products together - this one smells like the nicest mix of caramel and vanilla, mmm - is just incredible and makes me want to lick it off as soon as I've applied it. I also love the fuss-free applicator - a much more fool-proof application than the usual doe foot ones.

I can definitely see the well-deserved hype surrounding these lip glosses and despite the eye-watering price tag for a past lipgloss hater, I'm definitely considering buying into a few more. I'm looking at you shade 04...


No comments:

Post a Comment