Friday 21 November 2014

Products Worth All The Hype


URBAN DECAY NAKED 2 PALETTE:
When I was just starting out with makeup, I was one of those frugal teenagers who purchased the MUA dupe palettes in hope of saving some pennies. Gone are those days and I'm so pleased I bought one of the Urban Decay palettes. The quality of these shadows are next to none and I use every single shade in the Naked 2. I also own the Naked 3 but it very rarely sees the light of day because I like this one so much. All the shades are so wearable and so affordable, coming in at under £40 for 12 shades. When you think a MAC palette (which I don't rate the quality of) would cost you around 3 times the price, you can't go wrong.

ESTÉE LAUDER BRONZE GODDESS PERFUME:
Being a lover of all things Summer (real-life Olaf over here), I was bound to love this perfume. The only way I can describe the smell is that it takes you back to childhood holidays abroad, when your mum slathered you in suncream and you constantly tried to sneak a sip of her Miami Vice cocktail. Just me? I'm savouring every last drop of this perfume as we go into Autumn & Winter. I miss Summer!

ESTÉE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR:
Every single penny I paid for this serum, I would pay over and over again. It just does things to my skin that no other skincare product can. It locks in moisture, stops any under the skin spots coming out and generally controls my skin from breaking out into a red, bumpy mess. I'm just a bit scared that I'm going to be an old lady, scrimping pennies from down the cracks of the sofa to buy another bottle of the stuff. It's an expensive habit to keep up!

ZOEVA ROSE GOLD BRUSH SET:
All the brushes from the Zoeva Rose Gold set are absolutely incredible. I used to be an avid user of Real Techniques brushes, but I now can't find a brush from them that Zoeva hasn't done 10x better. The silk finish foundation brush is my favourite of the bunch. It blends foundation like a dream and is so easy to get a good coverage from. Put these on your Christmas list if you haven't given into the hype already.

URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PRIMER POTION:
Having really hooded, oily eyelids, I'm really surprised it took me so long to invest in a damn good primer. You need the tiniest amount of this to keep your eyeshadow on all day and night. The stuff's virtually bullet-proof and incredible value for money. I can't see myself ever running out of this.

CLARINS INSTANT LIGHT NATURAL LIP PERFECTOR:
I'm not a lip gloss girl in the slightest but this offering from Clarins converted me. They give just the right amount of colour, gloss and moisture and smell absolutely insane. They are pricey, but 100% worth it. I only have this and a few other glosses in my collection because this satisfies my gloss needs completely.

NARS BLUSHERS (DOUCEUR):
Every time I heard yet another beauty blogger talk about yet another Nars blush, I rolled my eyes in disbelief. "Could they really be that good?" Yes. YES YES YES YES YES. They are just the nicest quality blushes and blend like a dream. I only own Douceur at the moment, which unfortunately has now been discontinued, but I definitely want to try some more. Deep Throat is next on my list - ooh err!

YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE #1 NUDE BEIGE :
Finally, this little beauty. I saved up all my Boots points for this back in the day and it was a purchase well made. I've used it so much and it's one of those nudes I always turn to if I'm not sure what lipstick to wear. The quality of these lipsticks are second to none and apply so nicely. I've only just realised that this is the only colour from this range I own and I'm not even sure why. I'm definitely on the hunt for another so if you have any recommendations, do let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post! I completely agree wit you about Bronze Goddess, it is literally the most amazing scent. I wear it all year round too. Also, the Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Set is definitely going straight to the top of my Christmas list!

    Julie-Ann from http://www.ourdreamsoffashion.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete