Wednesday 5 November 2014

Autumn Shades for the Faint-Hearted



Left-Right: Benefit Rockateur / Nars Douceur / Chanel Inspiration


Left-Right: Rimmel East End Snob / MAC Peach Blossom / Rimmel 107
Eyeshadow: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow - Birthday Suit

There are some people in this world that can pull off everything. Doesn't matter how dark of a lip colour, how bright a blush, it will still look good. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. As much as I adore makeup, I'm not one to go out and buy the likes of MAC Rebel because a) I don't think it would suit me and b) I'm just too scared to ever don a colour so daring. Autumn is the time of year when all these lucky can-pull-off-anything people start wearing all the typical dark seasonal shades. But, I've rifled through my collection to find some products I can wear this season without being too scared to leave the house.

For cheeks I've picked three staple blushes. Benefit Rockateur, Nars Douceur and Chanel Inspiration. Rockateur is your classic rose gold blush that gives so much life to a pale face. It's glowwy sheen makes the darker shade that bit more wearable. Nars Douceur gives a similar bronzing effect but without the sheen, so if you're going for that typical Autumn/Winter matte look, this will be a great shade. Finally, a really un-typical blush to chose for Autumn, Chanel's cream blush in Inspiration. I love cream blushes more in the colder months as I find they sit much nicer on my skin when it tends to get drier. The colour is one of those pink shades that gives you an 'English rose I've-just-been-for-a-brisk-walk-in-the-woods' flush to your cheeks and because it has a nice velvet finish, it gives a really nice look to your face.

Next, lip products. My favourite Autumn lip pick is Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob. It's a dark dusky pink that looks really nice and velvety on the lips. It's like your nude 'my lips but better' shade, but even better than that. Also, it's perfect if you need something that's going to last all day. MAC's Peach Blossom is my nude choice for the colder months as it's a little bit more brown toned than I'd normally go for and it looks really nice paired with all my Autumn blush choices. It wouldn't be an Autumn post without a mention of Rimmel's 107 berry shade. I much prefer this dabbed on and blended into the lips as it's a much more fail-safe way to rock a burgundy lip.

Finally, I tend to switch up my eyelid primer as the seasons change, and I've been loving Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit. It's a really nice taupe-y champagne shade that goes perfectly with all my lip and blusher choices and it really does live up to it's name. Crease-free and really easy to blend.


1 comment: