Tuesday 9 June 2015

My Long-Lasting Hero Products


I'm that girl who will apply a decent face of makeup in the morning and by lunch time, I'll stare into the mirror to see cakey skin, creased eyeshadow and a patchy lip. As I'm sure you'll agree, this is never pleasant. However, as I've suffered with it for years, it's meant that I've tested a whole host of products that have helped keep it at bay. I recently visited Disneyland Paris (blog post coming very soon!), and really put these products to the ultimate long-lasting test. I applied them at 7am, and by the time the fireworks finished at 11:30pm, my makeup was still in place.

KIKO LONG-LASTING STICK EYESHADOW (06):
I am such a fan of these eyeshadow sticks from Kiko. I can't sing their praises enough. Simply apply over the lid like a crayon, and blend out the edges with a clean finger or brush. Because of how long-lasting they are, you have a few seconds playing time with them until they're completely dry, so I usually apply one eye at a time for this reason. Once they're set, they're not going anywhere.

TOO FACED PERFECT LIPS LIP LINER (Perfect Nude):
I'm a big nude lip wearer and very rarely venture out into the typical long-lasting brighter colours. However, I've found the only way of wearing a nude lip without having to reapply regularly, is by wearing a nude liner all over the lip. I love the creamy formula and colour of this Too Faced one, but any neutral liner will do the job.

MAX FACTOR FACEFINITY ALL DAY PRIMER:
I've found that primer makes a massive difference to the wear-time of your foundation, and this one from Max Factor is great for the price. It's got SPF 20 in it, so great for general everyday wear, and contains silicone so creates a smooth surface barrier between your skin and your foundation. The real selling point of this for me is that it never alters the finish of my foundation, which is unusual for a primer of this kind.

NARS ALL DAY LUMINOUS WEIGHTLESS FOUNDATION:
I won't beat around the bush with this one. It is a faff and a half to apply, but if you can get the application right, and find a way to get it to work for you, it is a really great long-lasting foundation. I have quite dehydrated skin, so applied on its own, this foundation clings to every dry patch on my face. However, if I mix it with a drop of something more moisturising (I like mixing it with No7 Instant Illusions Rapid Radiance Balm for an illuminating finish), it tends to look much better. You do get a more lightweight coverage this way, but I like that you can have a long-lasting, fresh base.

AVON MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY:
I've been a big fan of the Urban Decay All-Nighter Spray for a long time, but this one from Avon blows that out of the water for me. I don't know what's in this stuff, but I've noticed such a massive difference in how my foundation wears when I apply this over the top. It leaves your skin looking luminous, but really dries your makeup down. I'm in love with it. (Ps. It's also currently on sale for £2.50, so go and stock up while you can)

Do you have any tips to keep your makeup lasting all day?


No comments:

Post a Comment