Monday 29 June 2015

My Top 3 Foundations



Finding foundations is something I really struggle with and always have for as long as I can remember. As a delightful woman from a Clinique counter once told me, I have 'virtually no colour' to my skin - "I mean, seriously. You really are pale aren't you?!" Lovely. So, as you can imagine, foundations that go as pale as I am are quite hard to come by. For this reason, when I find a shade I like, in a formula that I love, I tend to stick with them like a loyal dog does to its owner.

NARS Sheer Glow: I use this in the shade Siberia, and this is my fail safe foundation. It gives the perfect amount of coverage for me, so I can use it if my skin is really bad, or if it's good and I just want that extra bit of coverage. Sometimes I do tend to find that it clings to those fine hairs or dry patches on your face, but that's easily corrected by mixing it with something that has a more moisturising formula. It's one of those formulas that look nicer the longer you leave it to set, but I do always powder over the top just to increase the wear time, as I find that isn't great if I'm having an oily day.

DiorSkin Star: This would be my absolute perfect foundation if the colour was that little bit more accurate. It is slightly too dark and more on the yellow side than I would like, but it can be corrected with a lighter concealer and taking my bronzer down my neck. This is the foundation I gravitate towards if I want to fake that I'm having a really good, glowing skin day. Wayne Goss once described it as 'the perfect selfie foundation' and I have to agree. While I wouldn't use it for flash photography as it has a high (30) SPF, it does look beautiful in your standard photographed. Mixed with Dior Glow Maximiser Primer, this is my favourite base ever.

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation: The more long-lasting sister of Sheer Glow, I was bound to love this foundation. However, only if I mix it with a moisturising, luminising product. It's far too drying for me just on its own but once you get the hang of it, it's a wonder product. It lasts all day and looks undetectable on the skin, whilst giving you a great amount of coverage. Plus, because you only need one (but I usually add a little extra) pump, it will last for absolutely ages.

Are there any foundations you think I should try? I'm always in the market for something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment