Thursday 11 June 2015

The Best, Most Unexpected Primer Ever



As I mentioned in my previous post on long-lasting makeup, I've found that primer extends the wear time of my foundation and base makeup dramatically. I was quite content with my Max Factor Facefinity Primer and the effects it had on my makeup application. However, this very quickly changed as soon as I discovered Nivea for Men's Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Whilst watching a NikkieTutorials video one day, I was stunned when she pulled this out and said she was going to use it to prime her face. However, it all became clear when she explained that the second most used ingredient in the balm is glycerin. Glycerin is known in the makeup industry for adhering any makeup placed on top to it, and helps to maintain the outer barrier of the skin and prevent dryness or scaling - things that are guaranteed to make your foundation wear off faster.

There's no getting away from the fact that this product smells 'manly'. It's a man's product. However, when applied to the skin, it blends in really effortlessly and the smell disappears after just a couple of minutes. Not only is it great for helping to create a bullet proof base, but it also soothes any skin irritation you may have too. At such a small price (I paid the full price of £5.35, but it is regularly on offer), you'd be silly not to give it a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment