Tuesday 7 July 2015

My 'Feel My Best' Makeup Routine


There are some days where you just need to pull out all your fancy makeup that you save for best and put your daily makeup back in the drawer. It's surprising just how much having a face of nice makeup can affect your confidence and how you feel. Am I right?

When I want my skin to look really nice, I really make an effort to amp up the dewy-ness. I like using Dior Glow Maximizer to prime my face, then I mix it in with my Diorskin Star foundation for extra glow. I conceal bags and spots with my Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I love this, but it's way too expensive to use on a daily basis, so I save this one for nice occasions. The same goes for my MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Light Boost. I'd get through one of these every fortnight if I used it on a daily basis, but used every now and then, it really brightens up my face.

To bring life back to my face, I love Benefit Hoola dusted on the high points of my face, any blush from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and a generous helping of The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer. I occasionally bring out my Urban Decay Naked Illuminated highlighter and add a tiny amount to the tops of my cheek bones, but as it's so glittery, I tend to use it just on the eyes.

Although they may not be the priciest or necessarily the best eyeshadows, I can always count on my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette or my MAC quad to make me feel my best. Primed with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, of course. As an extra touch, I like to line my waterline with a nude pencil as I think this ties everything in together. I always use my Benefit Roller Lash when I want a guarantee that my eyelashes will look good. Likewise, I love the Anastasia Brow Wiz to fill in any sparse areas of my brows, as it's my fail-safe product.

For lips, when pulling out all the stops, I have to use my Tom Ford lipstick in Spanish Pink. They're my favourite lipsticks and always make me feel so fancy. I sometimes add a dab of Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (01) into the centre of my lips to make them look more plump.

What are your favourite products to use when you really want to impress and feel your best?


No comments:

Post a Comment